Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 23:31:46 +0100
From: n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: [NANOG] IOS rootkits

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Dr. J Swift <fdiscsplat@...il.com> wrote:
> Mr. Wallace,
>
> 1.  HD Moore long ago released a kit that could be used to rootkit
> Cisco boxes.  This is an obvious statement of fact.
> 2.  In-the-wild Cisco rootkits have been known to non-eponymous
> security researchers for a considerable time.
> 3.  You have said that HD More is a global threat.
> 4.  You have repeatedly defamed/slandered/libeled HD Moore among a
> global community of peers and coworkers.
>
> I am providing this opportunity for you to show a correlation between
> the current existence of rootkits for Cisco systems and the current
> existence of tools from HD Moore.

So can you guarantee the HD Moore's of the world won't work out how to
do Cisco rootkits after the EUSecWest presentation and won't release a
tool to the mailing lists?

Whoever ends up working out how to do Cisco rootkits and releases a
tool to the mailing lists for it, would be a global threat.

You are delusional if you think this presentation won't lead to
someone releasing a tool to the script kids, the presentation can't go
ahead.

All the best,

n3td3v