Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:56:33 -0400
From: Joel Esler <joel.esler@....com>
To: n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com>
Cc: n3td3v <n3td3v@...glegroups.com>, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Joel Esler comment on Sans ISC podcast

On Jun 18, 2008, at 12:26 PM, n3td3v wrote:

> Joel Esler said he doesn't switch his phone off on flights and that
> anyone who is on a plane with him should watch out.

First of all, I said "before I got the iPhone with the 'airplane'
mode"  I'd forget to turn off my phone alot, i'd throw it in my
briefcase when I'd go through security, and forget it's in there.
Heck I've seen people actually been able to receive calls on their
crackberries while in mid flight.  Not that they answered them.  But
I've seen the phones ring.  I have an iPhone now, I place it in
airplane mode when I get on a flight.

There are actually studies going on RIGHT NOW to see if phones can be
allowed to be used during flights by the FCC/FAA, and in other
countries as well.

Personally I hope this doesn't go through, as I don't want to be
sitting next to some dude during my 100,000+ miles I fly a year to
hear yacking the whole flight.

> Is this some kind of dry american humour that i'm missing here or is
> that not even funny?

yes, It was a joke.  Sorry if it was in bad taste.

--
Joel Esler
  joel.esler@....com

Content of type "text/html" skipped