Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:20:01 +0200
From: "Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)" <lists@...osecurity.ch>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Skype chat encryption with OTR

rawket wrote:
> There are voice encryption protocols already Fabio, you should get a
> STU-III Phone then call the Whitehouse.
> tell them to "go secure" lol.

mmm yes but respect STU-III (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STU-III) to
talk to the Whitehouse would be better to use a SCIP compatible device
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCIP).

In both case the keys are owned but NSA, better than skype? :)

Or we could use some terrorist-oriented technology like steganography
with RTP!
http://druid.caughq.org/presentations/Real-time-Steganography-with-RTP.pdf

Even if at the end of the story zrtp (zfoneproject.com) it's the best
choice cause Zimmermann have done a great work and he's a very hard
crypto guys with political motivation!

And be careful, do not trust the Cisco proposed DTLS-SRTP for voice
encryption, it's a crap standard plenty of vulnerability and
implementation complexity (http://zfoneproject.com/faq.html#ZRTP-vs-DTLS) .

We should all sustain ZRTP as a standard for voice encryption, it's like
the past fight between PGP-OpenPGP/MIME and X509- S/MIME !

Fabio/naif