Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:42:59 -0500
From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@...rr.com>
To: Lucio Crusca <lucio@...web.org>, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: so this is FD...

--On Friday, June 27, 2008 08:46:19 +0000 Lucio Crusca <lucio@...web.org> wrote:

> After bugtraq I looked for a place in the old bugtraq spirit, and eventually
> I decided FD was that place, so I started reading it. Now, after a few
> months of FD reading, I feel bored again. I've never replied to any of the
> trolls and trolls-feeders on this list, but I've always been hardly hoping
> it was a transient situation, not the main (and sometimes only) topic of
> the list. Hell, if you filter out trolls postings and relative replies, the
> rest is more or less what debian-security has to offer.
>
> Now I have to choose: go on reading this, er... shit? in the hope it will
> get better in the future or leave all of you alone, trolls and others, and
> seek for another place.

Look for another place.  FD isn't going to get better.  I was the second person
to subscribe to the list, and I can assure you that it has degraded at a steady
pace over time.  It's not worth your time to hang around.

> I know, no one here cares about me or what I'm
> going to do. I'm just posting this to tell you that there are many people
> out there that could be interested in reading this list, maybe not posting
> for lack of skills, but with such a noise you are making them go away, and
> they usually go away without telling you, like I'm doing.

That's the price you pay for having an unmoderated list, which is the entire
reason that FD exists.

> If you want this list to live on, I think (for what's worth) you should find
> a solution. Don't know what the solution can actually be. Maybe a wiki in
> the wikipedia style, but with specific rules, community driven, would serve
> better than a unmoderated list?

If you want a moderated version of FD, there are some out there.  But the list
itself was, is and always will be unmoderated.  After all, that's its raison
d'etre.

--
Paul Schmehl
As if it wasn't already obvious,