Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:44:05 -0500
From: MadHat Unspecific <madhat@...pecific.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Comments on: DNS exploit code is in the wild

n3td3v wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM, MadHat Unspecific
> <madhat@...pecific.com> wrote:
>> Technically |)ruid of CAU released the code.  HD was just listed as
>> co-author and it was released on the CAU website as a CAU exploit.  As far
>> as you know HD didn't tell |)ruid anything specific.
>>
>> But I could be wrong.
>>

> I don't think that gets HD Moore out of jail though, and who is this
> |)ruid character, and why is he using an anonymous alias for releasing
> such a serious piece of exploit code? I thought the standard procedure
> was to use your real name and a bio about yourself for releasing code
> as a legitimate security researcher.
>
> We need to find out more about |)ruid, then get the pair banged up in jail.
>
> This whole HD Moore savior of info sec thing has gone on long enough,
> its time to see him for what he is and get him slammed up in jail
> along with his counterpart |)ruid.

|)ruid and CAU have been around for a while. |)ruid and other CAU
members have presented at most of the major cons and have released
advisories, POC exploit code and tools.  You could read and do a little
research, but you have proven you just spout off bull shit rather than
put any due diligence into anything you say.  Sad really.

I had sent you the original message to you privately just as a nicety
and not to the list, but for some reason you decided to take a simple
private comment to a public list.  You look more like a douche than
ever.  This is what I get for giving you the benefit of the doubt that
you were not as much of an idiot as people say.  Boy was I wrong.

Thanks
HAND.

--
MadHat (at) Unspecific.com
"The true man wants two things: danger and play.