Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:32:29 -0500
From: "John C. A. Bambenek, GCIH, CISSP" <bambenek.infosec@...il.com>
To: "Paul Ferguson" <fergdawg@...zero.net>
Cc: funsec@...uxbox.org, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, ge@...uxbox.org
Subject: Re: [funsec] Internet attacks against Georgian
	web sites

I haven't looked terribly closely but the cyber attacks don't seem to match
up with what I would consider military objectives... there are plenty of
nationalists that come crawling out of the woodwork during events like
this.  If the attacks are targetted more at military objectives then I'd say
you're starting to see real information warfare.  While I'm sure Russia
knows it goes on and are more than content to allow the harassment, that's
not the same as sponsorship.

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:52 AM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg@...zero.net> wrote:

> --
> "Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
>  Engineering Architecture for the Internet
>  fergdawg(at)netzero.net
>  ferg's tech blog: http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/

Content of type "text/html" skipped