Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:43:23 +0300
From: "Viktor Larionov" <viktor.larionov@...va.ee>
To: <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>, <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
	<funsec@...uxbox.org>
Subject: Re: Internet attacks against Georgian web sites

Hi all,

As a comment to Gadi's story: it's not nice to accuse anyone if it's still
not clear who's behind all this and what is really happening.
As a matter of fact, personally I trust Saakashvili allmost the same as I
trust Medvedev - i'd bet both sides try to make themselves "white and fluffy
bunny rabbits being bullied by the opposite side".
I would say, it's too early to make anykind of conclusions or tell anykind
of facts - a serious media-war is going on, and if you ask me - it's the
only fact which we may trust.
As an example you can switch CNN or SkyNews, and then for example switch to
ORT or NTV (Russia's first and second biggest channels) - it's two 100%
diametric positions with different facts, different oppinions and different
pictures.

I suppose it's wiser not to start stories on cyberwar and just wait until
both sides cool down - to see what was really behind all that: mr.
Saakashvili's fantasy or a serious act of cyber warfare.
By the way, Lithuanians are not the case, seriously, it was an internal act
of lithuanian kiddie-comrades as far as I know, and has nothing to do with
cyber warfare.

As a matter of fact I would add another fact as point 5. to your list, more
of a humrous type, possibly everybody already know this, but just in case:
5. Georgian Foreign ministry let's say "moved" their website to Blogsport.
:)
    http://cabalamat.wordpress.com/2008/08/12/georgian-foreign-ministry-news
-service/

    I will not be suprised if in some time the Saakashvili will make his
official e-mail adress: mr.saakashvili.the.president.of.georgia@...mail.com
:)

Kindest regards,
Viktor