Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:59:48 -0500
From: offbitz <offbitz@...il.com>
To: n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Fwd: The US authorities are so desperate to
	extradite my son that they have changed the law. Now he faces
	60 years in jail

Cry me a river....

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/09/brits-us-passed.html

FTFA:

"In any event, here in the evil, unjust, draconian United States, we have a
Constitution that prohibits the *ex post facto* application of new laws to
old offenses.

I have all the sympathy in the world for McKinnon's family, who face having
their son shipped off to a foreign land with a despotic leader. But it's
worth remembering that it's McKinnon who dragged out the extradition process
for years, and who turned down the chance to accept responsibility for his
actions and win a relatively light sentence and a quick return to his native
soil.

And as a reminder, in the real world, McKinnon is still facing six months to
six-and-a-half years in prison under federal sentencing guidelines,
depending mostly on damage. Since he claims to have caused none, he should
have nothing to worry about."

Content of type "text/html" skipped