Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 20:38:03 -0500
From: H D Moore <fdlist@...italoffense.net>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Metasploit 3.2 Offers More 'Evil Deeds'

You can find our SecTOR presentation online at:
  http://metasploit.com/research/conferences/

Grab an early of 3.2 (testing) from SVN:
  $ svn co http://metasploit.com/svn/framework3/trunk/ msf32/

A little bit about the new licensing (much more to follow):
  http://www.darkreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=165636&WT.svl=news1_1

Metasploit is now officially an open-source project with a mostly-new
group of developers behind it. We are still a week or two away from the
final release, so keep an eye out for more information about the new
features and improvements on the metasploit blog:
  http://metasploit.com/blog

-HD

PS. The "Evil Deeds" article is mostly correct, but some of the specific
items were mangled in translation. The new EXE template does not allow
you to turn a metasploit exploit into an EXE, it lets you take a
metasploit payload+encoder into an EXE, big difference :-)