Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 22:22:20 -0400
From: auto414356@...hmail.com
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Pauldotcom Episode 127 - Security Interview
	Failure

SO I just listened to the Pauldotcom show via their live streaming
Ustream link or whatever it is.

In anycase I decided to give it a listen, I read the previous
threads about how Paul Asadoorian and Larry Pesce completely fail
at life and I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Boy was I wrong...

First their interview style is ridiculous. They had the stream on
before the show and all they did was make immature dick and fart
jokes. They made at least 7 or 8 porno jokes. This coming from
highly professional / enterprise pent testers. I hope their
sponsors are watching the pre-show. It's one thing to be  nutty and
wacky in private, it's another to make jokes about masturbation and
KY jelly 10 times in 5 minutes.

So far I was unimpressed.

Then the interview started with the guys from l0pht. Let's just say
the interview was nothing too exciting, infact it was very boring.
All they did was stroke the egos of the people being interviewed.
No exciting questions, nothing. Even the guys from Lopht were
getting bored and you could hear their frustrations in the tone of
their voice.

Then the show started with a ho-hum selection of stories they stole
from other websites (woooo). I heard at least 3 or 4 obvious false
statements. I don't think they know anything about Linux either,
hearing them talk I'd say they worked as Windows IT guys or maybe
Geek Squad? They had some ridiculous criticisms of how normal
people can't use Linux because it's too hard. Well dug, normal
people are stupid, you're a security professional and you're
complaining about how Linux is too hard to use, just use a Mac
then! But whatever, your audience is supposed to be security
professionals, they shouldn't be afraid to use Linux so why bring
that point up in the first place?

Other things I didn't like:

17 minutes of ads and spots

How can this be hard hitting journalism when you are sponsored by
like 6 companies? Conflict of interest anyone?

In anycase.. that show sucked.

This is why I don't listen to podcasts.

- Anonymous British Telcom Employee - Security Division.

--
Click here to find old friends, lovers or family.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4fH5Tm2suXT4ep6KD7gNy859slK9TaVT3PulPBuPeKDXa7dm/