Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 13:10:34 -0800
From: "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff@...il.com>
To: "Full Disclosure" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Security industry software license

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:52 AM, andrew. wallace
<andrew.wallace@...ketmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@...il.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 10:17 AM, andrew. wallace
>> <andrew.wallace@...ketmail.com> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> Now what the DHS need to do
>>> if they want to counter hackers and cyber terrorism is to focus on
>>> worth while things like developing a security industry software
>>> license scheme that vets everybody using software and gets better
>>> regulation into the industry.
>>>
>>> This is the way ahead,
>>
>> Yes, indeed. Freedom is always served by taking it away from those who
>> can't afford the credentials.
>>
>> It's why gun control works so well.
>>
>> Kurt
>
> Gun control in Britian actually works pretty well I don't know where you live.

Excellent - avoid the main point, focus on the minor point. To get
back to the major point, I'll ask a question: How is freedom served by
your recommendation?

If you wish to know where I live, google me.

> Its all about effective management of the control, you put in bad
> management you're going to have bad control.

This kind of management is always bad, in that it means decreasing the
ability of free people to ply their trade, or even to explore the
world and gain knowledge on their own.

To rebut your response on the minor point, I'll ask another question -
how much do you think home invasion burglaries would diminish in your
country if ordinary folks could own effective means of defense?