Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 18:36:55 +0200
From: "Razi Shaban" <razishaban@...il.com>
To: "Chris Jeane" <rysheve@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, vulcanius@...il.com
Subject: Re: Project Chroma: A color code for the state
	ofcyber security

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Razi Shaban <razishaban@...il.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Chris Jeane <rysheve@...il.com> wrote:
>> Exactly. Which is why there is a need of a system that contains more
>> information and less cookie cutter levels. We still don't know what a
>> cyber-war looks like. One country could attack the transport/power systems
>> of a third party that supplies/supports their target. This is all
>> hypothetical, but there is a high probability of collateral damage.
>>

> You misunderstood me. What I was getting at is that your ideas,
> including a "cyber-war" and all this leveling, show that you are about
> as uninformed as n3td3v. Please take your nub spam somewhere else.
>
> --
> Razi Shaban

To explain the idea of leveling: The internet is a gigantic place. No
matter when and from where you connect, it is out to get you, you
individually. Also, large-scale cyber wars are a constant thing. I am
aware of three very large-scale wars taking place at the moment, does
that increase or decrease the risk any user would be taking by
accessing the internet? Of course not. The concept of basing a
levelling system on a few organized national or private attempts to do
something or another is ridiculous; the Estonian attack compromised
less than 0.0001% of all cyber attacks during that time period.

The matter of the fact is, attempting to take the hugely complex and
intricate dark side of the internet and summarize it in a color level
is absurd. In fact, attempting to summarize it at all is ridiculous.
Summarizing implies that you know everything about the topic. Anyone
trying to summarize this knows nothing when he/she realizes the
vastness of the internet.

tl;dr : attempting to summarize the internet is less fruitful than
throwing ice cubes at the sun, but it requires much lesser
intelligence to do the first.

--
Razi Shaban