Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 21:27:17 +0200
From: Yair Amit <AMITYAIR@...ibm.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Breaking Google Gears' Cross-Origin Communication
	Model

Hello,

I recently discovered a flaw in the cross-origin communication security
model of Google Gears that could allow attackers to break-out of the
same-origin policy and mount large scale user-impersonation attacks under
certain conditions.

After coordinating a fix with Google, I can now reveal the full details.
You are invited to read them at
http://blog.watchfire.com/wfblog/2008/12/breaking-google-gears-cross-origin-communication-model.html.

To make sure you are secure, it is advisable to verify that you have the
latest version of Google-Gears (currently 0.5.4.2) installed on your
system. If that is not the case, it can be obtained from the Google Gears
website (http://gears.google.com).

I would like to thank the Google Gears security team for their quick

Best Regards,
      Yair Amit
      Senior Security Researcher
      IBM Rational Application Security