Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:27:19 -0600
From: "Michael Krymson" <krymson@...il.com>
To: "Luke Scharf" <lscharf@...edu>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: U.S. Is Losing Global Cyberwar,
	Commission Says

Like tiny Link holding the almighty Triforce braced overhead glinting in the
sunlight, so too shall we raise up PCI to the heavens as our shining,
guiding light of all things good; it will save us from all evils, so shall
it be...

You should revisit this opinion after you're out of school and in the
workforce for 5 years. :)

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Luke Scharf <lscharf@...edu> wrote:

> Elazar Broad wrote:
> > Neither, because ultimately no one cares, and that is why the
> > financial industry foots the 60 billion identity theft bill. My
> > rant was a little bit of wishful thinking and a shred of belief in
> > the human race...
> >

> Having been a student in a computer-security training class taught by
> one of the people who helps banks deal with these problems, I'd say
> you're wrong.  This is a hard set of problems.  Smart people are working
> on it -- not everywhere, but in enough places to make a difference.
>
> Read the PCI and learn its role in the financial industry.  Then this
> conversation will become interesting.  Here's a link to get you started:
>    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_DSS
>
> -Luke

Content of type "text/html" skipped