Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 01:33:53 -0800
From: - o z - <osgo@...mail.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: FD subject line/name of org suggestion...

On Dec 12, 2008, at 12:13 AM, Knud Erik Højgaard wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM, - o z  - . <osgo@...mail.com> wrote:
>> I don't want to read it with Lynx, either.  I've got
>> some damn good SMTP clients, like Pine v.01a, OK?
>
> How do you >read< anything with an SMTP client?
> --

You're right.  It should be pop, imap, or simply client.  And while
your comment displays a
level of technical acumen, I occasionally forget that not everyone
speaks/comprehends the
subtleties of English, probably about as good as me trying to get
satire spoken in Danish.

It's a joke.  Satire.  My mail client rant, whether or not the
underlying protocols used smtp, pop,
imap, http, https or little blue elves carrying 7 or 8 mime-bits out
my bunghole...didn't have an option for
crayon fonts big and colorful enough so an international audience
would understand & laugh...when I
used Pine as the kicker, masturbatorily using a pre-Alpha version
moniker, even
calling Pine a great way to read email...I guess u took that seriously?

That's OK,  I learned a long time ago not to #%*^ with the Vikings.
Your comment did
make me think back...way back to 1995...using Trumpet Windsock with a
win SMTP client
that *did* use SMTP to both send and receive....somehow?...written in
Pascal of all things...compiled and
supported by a David C(K)orn****it was very, very slow.

But not funny.  At least your average SMTP server was way more
friendly back then after HELO, and
damn it all, were they more xploitable or what?  When I think back to
all the crazy...never mind.
It was an astounding time be alive is all, and writing about it makes
me feel very, very old.

Thanx for the clarification, Knud.

-oz