Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 22:15:49 -0600
From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@...rr.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: The war in Palestine

--On January 4, 2009 5:20:05 PM -0600 Mainbox Notif <rokadeana@...il.com>
wrote:

> Before this topic I could not imagine that there was a man who is
> against the palestinian.

Really?  Not one single man?  I dare say you can find several men who
would be opposed to any subject you raised, regardless of how
controversial it may be.  In the case of the middle east it would be
trivial to find thousands.

> I read my newspapers, I see the news, daily. So I know 'something'
> about the war which was started by the israeli.

What you "know" is what they tell you, which is to say you know very
little about what it actually going on.

> I 'm graduated, so I can say, I'm not ' the stupid guy'. I read my
> books, and I am intereseted in history, filosofy and more.

Yet you believe the newspapers and tv.  How odd.

> The israeli people are not very populair. History shows that.

If what you say is true, then would it not be logical to assume that the
news might be biased against Israel?  After all, if they're not all that
popular, wouldn't journalists have a built-in reason to not cast them in a
good light?

> In 1948
> some ppl helped them, but the israeli screwed it up. That can happen.
> But nobody heard a ' sorry' . And that makes the israeli ' not very
> populair'. (lets say it nice)

I'm not sure I follow you here.

> In this topic I read some stories from ppl who believe that the israeli
> invasion is right. Before this I could not imagine that. I did never met
> a person with that evil thoughts.

So you think it's evil to shoot back when someone is shooting at you?
Hopefully you live in a peaceful area.  In some areas of the world you
wouldn't last an hour.

> I'm confused.

That I can agree with.

> All others know that israel is a agressor. It is since they get a part
> of Palestine.
> (The Palestines did not had a choise, they had to give a part of their
> country away)

Once again, there was no Palestine for the "Palestinians" to give away.
The Ottomans ruled it until WWI.  Then the British took control.  Then the
UN decided to give Israel some land there and leave the rest to the people
who had settled there.  The so-called Palestinians didn't even exist
except as a collection of people of various origins that shared a common
geographical area.

> What I want to say is this: I can not imagine that anyone can say that
> the israeli are doing right.
> When they where thankful, then there was never a palestinian who drops a
> bomb or became a suicide-bomber.

Plainly wrong, but obviously not worth pursuing.

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.