Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:36:09 +0200
From: "Avraham Schneider" <avri.schneider@...il.com>
To: "Gary Wilson" <dragon@...gons.org.uk>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: FD / lists.grok.org - bad SSL cert

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Gary Wilson <dragon@...gons.org.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, January 5, 2009 19:01, James Matthews wrote:
>> SSL certs cost money. This one works the same. etc..
>>

> Well whilst I agree the self generated ones or whatever work well, I find
> it amusing that a _security_ based list is using one, and then expects
> people in the security industry to blindly accept or add exceptions for it
> - my irony alarm is going overtime at that one.  I certainly wouldn't add
> an exception, as it's not a trusted website to me.  I'm sure others would
> see it the same.
What's the worst case? Someone sniffing your unsub request?
It's not like an e-commerce website. I don't see why FD should even
have SSL in the first place.

I would guess the webmaster simply added SSL to allow those who have
port 80 to full-disclosure (containing malicious code) filtered...

I think you are over-dramatizing 'the irony'.