Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 14:17:32 -0500
From: Jimmy Astle <astle.j@...il.com>
To: Miller Grey <vigilantgregorius@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
	Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
Subject: Re: Windows 7 UAC compromised

I am new to the list so hello to everyone.....

Now for the Windows 7 UAC stuff.

1.) Its beta.... its not going to be perfect wait for RC1 before selling 7
down the river.
2.)
http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/app-security/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=213001021&subSection=News

               It all comes back to windows biggest issue, joe the plumber
shouldn't not be running as a local admin on his box. UAC problem solved!  I
still dont see how redmond missed the concept.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Miller Grey <vigilantgregorius@...il.com>wrote:

> ...what?
>
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:40 PM, M.B.Jr. <marcio.barbado@...il.com> wrote:
>
>> Windows says: Hello world! Check this out, world, this is really cool.
>> Now I have, uh, something like, uh, "privileges management"!
>>

>> "UAC" is no more than a new commercial designation for something with
>> about 40 years.
>> And they (Redmond) are still missing the concept's point.

>> > Why not just have it not prompt if you are changing settings, except for
>> UAC settings? that would be the simple way around it

>> --
>> Marcio Barbado, Jr.

Content of type "text/html" skipped