Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:54:23 +0100
From: Lorenzo Vogelsang <vogelsang.lorenzo@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Fwd:  nVidia.com [Url Redirection flaw]

I don't know if this bug it's a "serious one" or not, i only posted a "url
redirection flaw" and i think that its dangerousness and importance should
be inferred from the type of vulnerability and the site which is affected...
I am still a beginner in the field of security , i still have much to
learn.. Neverthless i think that the open redirect vulnerabilty it's
serious, because "This vulnerability is used in phishing attacks to get
users to visit malicious sites without realizing it." (
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Open_redirect) , this flaw increase its
dangerousness if the site it's trusted and , IMHO, i think tha nVidia ( it
is better or worse than ati i don't know ) is trusted and can easily used by
an attacker or a phisher to spread malicous software or to take similar
actions. Moreover with Xss flaw the open redirect become more serious!
(always IMHO)
However the admin was alerted, so i've done my job....

Regards

Lorenzo Vogelsang