Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 13:52:34 -0400
From: T Biehn <tbiehn@...il.com>
To: Pavel Kankovsky <peak@...o.troja.mff.cuni.cz>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Anti virus installations on Windows servers

The example provides an easy to concoct scenario where perhaps
anti-virus software might be employed to great benefit where the
actual OS's security would be a moot point. A sort of catalyst for
expanding VK's ability to consider the other side of the argument, by
not handing this to him on a silver platter I give him the opportunity
to grow as a person. Thank you for ruining this.

It's interesting to see that so many on this list have become so
hypnotized that they would go so far to say that A/V is useless and
the only possible protection is switching to some other OS. They are
the definition of idealist and cannot see past their own rhetoric,
unable to consider any other possible scenario, or look at a problem
from a broader perspective.

Let me address your point directly, you obviously share the same delusions:
Being so generic it is possible to concoct a situation in the above
framework wherein A/V would not be applicable.
Pointing this out has no bearing on my argument.
It is equally obvious to point to an example when, yes, an A/V
(however deployed) would provide a worthwhile added value to the user
experience, this point is sufficient for winning the debate.

-Travis