Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:37:13 -0500
From: "sl@...r" <sl@...rs.org>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject:  Regarding RSnake FD

Chill, the Apache folks said it was OK...maybe you should have read the
whole post.

security@...che.org:
"DoS attacks by tying up TCP connections are expected. Please see:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/misc/security_tips.html#dos

Regards, Joe"

The Apache guys clearly stated that this was expected behavior, we
simply made another test case for the "expected", why the outrage?

Additionally there are ways to defend against this already, which also
cover other DoS attacks, not to mention most enterprises with load
balancers aren't affected anyway (F5 and Netscaler tested).

-id
ha.ckers.org

~