Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:41:02 +0100
From: mrx <mrx@...pergander.org.uk>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Ant-Sec - We are going to
 terminate	Hackforums.net and Milw0rm.com - New Apache 0-day exploit
 uncovered

Well if I was able to take down hackforums and mil0worm and intended to
do so, I certainly wouldn't brag about it on a full disclosure list and
warn my targets.

Just in case:
i) They believed the threat was real and took mitigating action.
ii) Backed up and mirrored the content so that they could be back up in
24 hours.

I can see anti-sec's point regarding script kiddies, however, full
disclosure levels the playing field somewhat.
Full disclosure serves and aids hat's of all colours.
without full disclosure we would have a handful of real experts able to
compromise, control and abuse regardless of motive.
Knowledge is power and when that knowledge is in the hands of the few,
abuse is the usual result.

Full disclosure not only feeds skiddies, it serves to warn us all.
Indeed a double edged sword.

But hey what does this noob know?