Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:07:10 -0300
From: "M.B.Jr." <marcio.barbado@...il.com>
To: Dragos Ruiu <dr@....net>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re:
	НА: WPA attack improved to 1min, MITM

Dear dr,
please, let me try to share and elucidate (with you and the list) one
specific and conceptual point about "802.11i" and AES that intrigues
me.

I don't know if you can answer this, but it is worthy for reflection.

So,
Rijndael (AES) is a symmetric block cipher. Why WPA2 uses symmetric
cryptography in a communication (which is an asymmetric situation)?

Regards,

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Dragos Ruiu<dr@....net> wrote:
> On 26-Aug-09, at 7:35 AM, Rohit Patnaik wrote:
>>
>> Do you have a link to the entire paper by any chance? The abstract
>> interests me, and I'd really like to read the whole thing.
>
> Should have put this in as someone else already correctly pointed out: http://bit.ly/8qwQt
>
> The research team is scheduled to present an implementation of the
> attack at a conference on Sept. 25.
>
> cheers,
> --dr
>
> --
> World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
> Tokyo, Japan November 4/5 2009  http://pacsec.jp
> Vancouver, Canada March 22-26  http://cansecwest.com
> Amsterdam, Netherlands June  http://eusecwest.com
> pgpkey http://dragos.com/ kyxpgp