Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:15:23 -0300
From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@...merofgod.com>
To: "bugtraq@...urityfocus.com" <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Cc: "full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: 3rd party patch for XP for MS09-048?

P.S.

Anyone check to see if the default "XP Mode" VM you get for free with Win7 hyperv is vulnerable and what the implications are for a host running an XP vm that get's DoS'd are?

I get the whole "XP code to too old to care" bit, but it seems odd to take that "old code" and re-market it around compatibility and re-distribute it with free downloads for Win7 while saying "we won't patch old code."