Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:30:18 -0400
From: "Fernando A. Lagos B." <fernando@...ial.org>
To: majinboo <majinbou@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Full Path Disclosure in most wordpress'
 plugins [?]

majinboo wrote:
> Hello,

Hi

> this kind of "vulnerabilities" exists whenever a PHP scripts issue a
> fatal error on a poorly configured server. PHP should log errors in a
> local file and not on the client screen. With this configuration, you
> will not see a full path disclosure in each uncatched PHP exception.
> IMHO the security weakness is on the php.ini and not on the web application.

The most of Full Path Disclosure are triggered by a Warning, Fatal Error
or Notice message from PHP.
This problem is a problem into the developer side. Each developer must
validate incoming parameters (by GET or POST), function calls, file
opening, sql queries, etc.

If you see the rest of code (example in hello.php) each function call is
validated by "if (function_exists(...))" but "add_action()" not.

All plugins (wordpress, joomla, etc etc) must be validated and correctly
parsed, I can't call to "function()" if "function()" not exists (in the
api context).

What do you think about?

> cheers,

cheers!

> majinboo
>
> 2009/9/28 Fernando A. Lagos B. <fernando@...ial.org
> <mailto:fernando@...ial.org>>
>
> Exists an call to add_action() without validate with function_exists().
> When I run the php script directly, I get the full path of wp
> installation.
>
> Example:
> [+] http://www.marco2010.cl/wp-content/plugins/akismet/akismet.php
> [+] http://www.marco2010.cl/wp-content/plugins/hello.php