Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:38:11 -0500
From: THOTCON Announce <announce@...tcon.org>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
	dailydave@...ts.immunitysec.com
Subject: THOTCON 0x1 - Call For Papers is Open -> October
	1, 2009

***BEGIN THOTCON TRANSMISSION***********

What: THOTCON 0x1
When: Friday, April 23, 2010
Where: TBA - 1 Week Prior to Conference
Call For Papers Opens: October 1, 2009
Call for Papers Closes: January 1, 2010

*** ABOUT ******************************
THOTCON (pronounced \ˈthȯt\ and taken from THree - One - Two) is a new
small venue hacking conference based in Chicago IL, USA. This is a
non-profit, non-commercial event looking to provide the best conference
possible on a very limited budget.

*** WHEN / WHERE ***********************
The conference will be held in Chicago, IL USA on April 23, 2010.

It will be held at a location only to be disclosed to attendees and
speakers during the week before the event. It WILL be in the City of
Chicago and close to a CTA train stop, accessible by bus, and cab.

*** FORMAT *****************************
The event will be a single track.

There will be eight (8) 45 minute talks selected. We will also fill
spots between talk with MICROBLOX (quick 12.5 minute talks on a very
focused topic) or INFOBLOX (5 minute infomercials on a project you are
working on).

Topics we are interested in: retro computing, forensics, robotics,
physical security, 0-days, application hacking, wireless, malware
development/research, hacker spaces, The Muppets, zombies, attack
detection, the number 7, online game hacking, consumer device hacking,
beer, hacking Olympic bids [using Oprahsploit], and bananas [foster].

*** SPEAKER PERKS **********************
Speakers will be given free admission to the conference as well as one
(1) free attendee badge (to bring a guest). In addition, speakers who
give their presentation as planned, will be given a THOTCON life-time
attendance badge. This means you will be given free entry to every
future THOTCON event for life.

You will also have access to the THOTCON VIP Lounge. This means you will
have access to free stuff and other highly discounted stuff all day. We
don't have anything else to give, except you can tell your mom and your
friend you spoke at the first THOTCON.

*** HOW TO SUBMIT **********************
If you are interested in speaking at this event, please send your
completed speaker application <http://www.thotcon.org/cfp.html> to
cfp@...tcon.org.

Once we receive your submission, you will get an email back within 48-72
hours. If you do not hear back from us, please resend.

The CFP will close on Jan 1, 2010 or when we feel we have 8 outstanding
talks. We anticipate having all speakers selected by Feb 1, 2010.

info@...tcon.org

http://www.thotcon.org

twitter: @thotcon

***END THOTCON TRANSMISSION*************