Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 15:55:22 +0300
From: Vladimir Vorontsov <vladimir.vorontsov@...ec.ru>
To: Full disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject:  MySQL trick for SQL injection

Good day!

I recently encountered a problem with the implementation of SQL injection.

I wanted to write a file with the code interpreter to execute commands, but
in the end always append bracket, which I thought was supposed to be a
spoiler.

Comments at the end of the query to be filtered. The last character is
always append a closing parenthesis. Use a null-byte, too, was impossible.

Was an injection of this type:

$query = "select bla-bla from content_comments where user_id in (select
user_id from User where id =".removeBadChars($_GET['id']).");";
Where removeBadChars () kills such things as:
--
/*
but leaves /**/

As a result, very surprised, because that's such an option:

select bla-bla from content_comments where user_id in (select user_id from
User where id = 1/**/into/**/outfile/**/"/var/www/avatars/img.php")

recorded in the file the result of EXTERNAL select!.

Checked in
MySQL 4.1.22
MySQL 5.1.x