Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:25:30 +0000
From: Adam Laurie <adam@...roup.co.uk>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Announce: RFIDIOt-1.0a released - November 2009

Hey!

I know it's been a while, but I've been busy etc. etc. :)

After 3 years, I've finally got around to a full release number! Here is
version 1.0a, in which I've started integrating Nick von Dadelszen's
libnfc (http://www.libnfc.org/) wrapper so we can support the new
generation of usb stick readers which are practically given away with
digital cash products such as Snapper
(http://www.snapper.co.nz/index.html). I've also done a lot of tidying
up of the Mifare key handling code (the KeyA and KeyB stuff was probably
some of the earliest code I wrote on this project, and was pretty
broken!), as I'm starting to see a lot of live security issues with
Mifare cards and their use in applications such as hotel keys etc., so
I've added copy/clone functionality to readmifaresimple.py (note that
it's not capable of creating a true clone as we can't set the UID, but
we can copy all data blocks and set keys).

 From CHANGES:

v1.0a
make mrpkey.py slightly easier to add new document types to
add COPY and RESET functions to readmifaresimple.py
add automatic keytype and default key checking to readmifaresimple.py
fix MIFARE KeyA and KeyB handling on all supported readers
add readmifareultra.py - read Mifare UltraLight tags [Keith Howell]
add support for libnfc devices [Nick von Dadelszen] (work in progress)

You can grab it here:

   http://www.rfidiot.org/#Where

Enjoy!
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                         Tel: +44 (0) 20 7993 2690
Suite 117                           Fax: +44 (0) 1308 867 949