lists.openwall.net   lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  linux-hardening  PHC 
Open Source and information security mailing list archives
 
Hash Suite for Android: free password hash cracker in your pocket
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:21:16 +1100
From: "Ivan ." <ivanhec@...il.com>
To: Rohit Patnaik <quanticle@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Software developer looks at CRU code

just ask Al of the Gore about his carbon trading exchange he setup
with Ken Lay of Enron fame as advisor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjHAB62xKXI

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Rohit Patnaik <quanticle@...il.com> wrote:
> Right, but you said that the global warming folks are asking for unnecessary
> spending of *trillions*.  Where would those trillions go?  I don't see Al
> Gore becoming richer than Bill Gates off carbon credits.  Neither do I see
> the UN gaining any more power via the IPCC.  If anything, the existing
> climate treaty (i.e. the Kyoto protocol) has completely sidestepped the UN.
>
> I guess what I'm troubled by is the fact that you seem to be stating that
> there's some kind of deliberate malice on the part of those stating that
> anthropogenic climate change is real.  I don't see malice.  I see a fair
> amount of incompetence, but incompetence exists in every discipline.
>
> --Rohit Patnaik
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@...rr.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm going to assume this is a serious question.
>>
>> You could start with the people enriching themselves off of carbon
>> credits.  Al Gore, for one obvious example.  You could continue with the
>> people that think the entire world should be ruled by a bureaucracy called
>> the UN.  You could go on with the "scientists" who get millions of dollars
>> worth of grants to "study" the problem and propose solutions.
>>
>> Are there people on the opposing side who benefit from what you call
>> scaremongering?  Of course there are.  But the claims of the global warming
>> crowd are unsupported by the data (not *their* data, because they have
>> clearly skewed it to support their claims, as is proven both by their emails
>> and their program code) but by the real data, unmassaged.
>>
>> --On Monday, November 30, 2009 16:00:05 -0600 Rohit Patnaik
>> <quanticle@...il.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There's a question I ask whenever I hear a theory like this.  Cui bono?
>>> Who benefits?  Who is benefiting from the "climate change
>>> scaremongering"?
>>> You claim that trillions of dollars will need to be spent.  If its such a
>>> scam, then who is scamming us?  The UN IPCC?  A mysterious cabal of
>>> alternative energy companies?  The Trilateral Commission?
>>>
>>
>> --
>> Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst
>> As if it wasn't already obvious, my opinions
>> are my own and not those of my employer.
>> *******************************************
>> "It is as useless to argue with those who have
>> renounced the use of reason as to administer
>> medication to the dead." Thomas Jefferson
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
> Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html
> Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
>

_______________________________________________
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.grok.org.uk/full-disclosure-charter.html
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/

Powered by blists - more mailing lists