Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 01:27:50 +0100
From: Maksymilian Arciemowicz <cxib@...urityreason.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: PHP 5.3.1 open_basedir bypass

hi,

in php 5.3.1 security changelog, we can read, that safe_mode bypass in
tempnam() has been already fixed. But safe_mode in 5.3 line is
deprecated. We can understand security fix for open_basedir bypass, but
not for safe_mode in 5.3.
Annoying is the fact, that exploit for bypass open_basedir or safe_mode
in php 5.3.1 is avaliable in

http://securityreason.com/achievement_exploitalert/14

we can use symlink trick like in

http://securityreason.com/achievement_securityalert/70

The issue has been reported to PHP, but did not obtain a meaningful
response.
Very similar issue has been reproted in October 2006 by Stefan Esser
(SREASON:1692)

http://securityreason.com/securityalert/1692

This issue has been fixed.
Small difference, with this is that we need create fake directories
structure.

--
Best Regards,

http://securityreason.com
http://securityreason.com/key/Arciemowicz.Maksymilian.gpg

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (164 bytes)