Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:17:17 -0800
From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@...merofgod.com>
To: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@...rr.com>,
	"full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Software developer looks at CRU code

Just like it is now...  I *do* my own research - I made the assumption that we were talking about new policies where "abortion by choice" was funded by public funds, so my apologies for that. This is no different than it is now in any emergency room in the country not manned by lunatic fringe zealots, and in my opinion, is as it should be.

Next you'll be telling us about how the bill allows for health care for illegal immigrants and start screaming like Joe Wilson, right?  When someone you love is about to die in the ER because of a potentially fatal complication with a pregnancy, we'll see how well you stand by your "abortion is abortion" schpeel.

Regardless, the provisions in the bill do not exist for you to cherry pick sections to make your point.  The provision for exceptions is there because the bill does not, on its own (in general), provide for abortions using public money, and use for emergency situations must be stipulated.  It exists so that raging lunatics can't point their finger and jump up and down screaming "no fair" when BOTH the woman and fetus are about to die and someone makes the decision to save at least one life and public option insurance coverage applies.

Irrespective of your position (or mine for that matter), this conversation is quickly veering off course, so let's take up any further abortion conversations off line, shall we?