Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 18:56:16 +0200
From: "MustLive" <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
To: "Michele Orru" <antisnatchor@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: XSS vulnerabilities via errors at requests to
	DB

Hello Michele!

Thank you for paying attention at my small article about my researches.

Yes, I agree with you and Mostafa that better to not have DB errors on
production sites. It's my own approach. I wrote in detail about it in my
answer to Mostafa's letter to WASC Mailing List
(http://www.webappsec.org/lists/websecurity/archive/2009-12/msg00061.html).

> written about Information Disclosure/Leakage (as you want to call it).

Yes, there are also often Information Leakages in SQL errors and I often
found them at different web sites and web applications (about many of such
cases I wrote at my site). In this particular article I wrote about XSS
attacks via SQL errors. Because many web developers don't care about
Information Leakages (especially "small" ones) and they don't know, that
often there are also XSS holes in SQL error messages. So with my researches
and articles (and also during live speeches with web developers who are
turning to me for security audit), I'm trying to inform them about risks of
XSS holes in SQL errors and other common places of XSS.

> More informations about some of my advisories on my blog

Thanks for information. I'll certainly read your advisories.

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site
http://websecurity.com.ua