Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:04:35 +0100
From: Sens0r The real <the.real.sens0r@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: 0xdeadbeef attack on gpg

Hello list,
I'm currently digging into the security aspect of RSA and web of
trust... while searching the web I found some notes about the
0xdeadbeef attack, where you generate a key that has the same short
fingerprint than another, and over this way you fool other users to
use the wrong key.

So I'm searching information about this hack, I did not found any
paper on the usual places, and I don't find much information at all.

How does this attack was done in practice? I mean you have to generate
a fingerprint that has as last 8 bytes 0xdeadbeef (hex) that clear for
me, but what is the best way? You could simply generate one key after
the other and throw away every key that is not matching, but this
might last for quite a long time if you are unlucky.

How does one could influence it to get a result faster?
I would be happy for every hint/link/information.

Kind regards,
Sens0r