Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:13:39 -0500
From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@...il.com>
To: dramacrat <yirimyah@...il.com>
Cc: Full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Two MSIE 6.0/7.0 NULL pointer crashes

It appears Mozilla has the resources to hire additional staff as
required [1]. Perhaps Mozilla needs a few Wall Street/Harvard School
of Business MBAs in their accounting department.

On more developers (perhaps things have changed a bit):

    Another interesting item in the report is the fact that Mozilla
    expenses were up in 2007 by 68 percent over 2006.
    Approximately 80 percent of Mozilla's expenses come from
    its staffing costs. What makes this really interesting is that
    Mozilla even with more paid staffers is still getting the same
    proportion of its code from external (i.e non-Mozilla)
    contributions. [2]

And

    The percentage of code contributed to Firefox by people not
    employed by Mozilla remained steady at about 40 percent of
    the product we ship [2]

[1] http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/11/20/1327240
[2] http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/11/mozilla-revenues-hit-75-millio.html