Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 06:09:38 +1100
From: "Craig S. Wright" <craig.wright@...ormation-Defense.com>
To: "'Sunnet Beskerming'" <info@...kerming.com>,
	"'Thor \(Hammer of God\)'" <thor@...merofgod.com>
Cc: 'full-disclosure' <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
	pen-test@...urityfocus.com, security-basics@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: SMS Banking

" It looks like Craig has defined parts of his model too narrowly, claiming
that the probability of compromise is only a factor of the risk of
compromise of the SMS system and the user authentication methods, which he
claims are independent."
Please show how they are not.

" the probability of compromise of the system prior to the transaction
commencing"
Not at all. This is nothing to do with what I am stating.

".  The problem is that the full failure model is not taken into account, "
You have presumed this, and this is not the case.

" The problem faced is how do you know when the curve is going to tick up
(or in Craig's models shoot down) at the end of the viable secure lifespan?
"
Where do you get this in my model shoot down part. As an ASCI, my model of
failure for SMS alone is:

	|      -------
	|     -
	|   -

That is, it becomes less secure over time and as users are added.

" even though it has just been shown to only affect a very small section of
the overall product lifecycle "
Actually, you have taken one small example and extrapolated this into what
you believe my model is.

Regards,
Dr. Craig S Wright GSE-Malware, GSE-Compliance, LLM, & ...
Information Defense Pty Ltd