Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:15:09 -0400
From: "Mr. Hinky Dink" <dink@...inkydink.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Setting the record straight on "The Return of
	Koobface"

Today I ran across this article...

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/20100320160620/Article/index_html

... in which it is noted that Kaspersky Labs "recently discovered the
resurgence of the malicious programme (Koobface) and sounded the alarm."

Gentlemen, I beg to differ.

I first mentioned the resurgence of Koobface on February 23rd, 2010 here...

http://proxyobsession.net/?p=827

I admit I did not "sound the alarm".  I simply lol'd because Koobface is one
sign of the EPIC FAIL of the security industry.

Just ask Dancho Danchev.  He's made quite a name for himself by doing
absolutely nothing worthwhile about Koobface except raising his won blood
pressure spewing vitriol about "The Koobface Gang" (sorry, Danny, but I'm
not part of "the gang".  I'm just another BlogSpot loser).

For those wondering, I am not a hacker.  I am a Big Time Security
Professional (you may remember me if you Google "Websense Policy Bypass" -
unfortuantely those bastards at Warner Brothers killed the soundtrack to my
YouTube video).  But I am at heart a skeptic, disappointed at what the
security industry has become.  I created my Proxy List
(http://www.mrhinkydink.com/proxies.htm) two years ago as a tool for an as
yet unpublished paper on open SOCKS proxies in the wild.  It has had the
unintended side effect of tracking the spread of Koobface, since Kooberz
proxies exclusively (until this month) appear on TCP port 8085.  And it has
tracked it quite well.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say "Hello" (no, not "GREETZ") to all
the Cameroonian Puppy Scammers (papa Dollars, STARVO, Dabbleed, et. al.) who
abuse my proxy list.  Enough is enough.  Get a real job, fellas.

http://proxyobession.net
http://mrhinkydink.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/mrhinkydink  : (Follow me! I have no friends!) :