Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 11:07:22 -0400
From: "Jeff Kell" <Jeff-Kell@....edu>
To: uuf6429@...il.com
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, mustlive@...security.com.ua,
	Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
Subject: Re: Vulnerabilities in phpCOIN

Amen to that.  Everything seems to be delivered for installation and even increasingly with *each* update, carrying various "hitch hiker" applications... toolbars, trial software, etc.

Sun Java updates installing toolbars, Adobe doing toolbars, even FoxIT installed some toolbars (even after I said no) with the last update.

If not a toolbar, then a $^@...# "download manager".  Adobe has one that insists on being installed (which had it's own set of exploits already).  Even Cisco's support site wants to install a 47-click java applet to get an IOS update these days.

I'd like to set the wayback machine for the non-web-2.0, straightforward command line days :-)

Jeff