Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 22:34:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shaqe Wan <sha8e@...oo.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Compliance Is Wasted Money, Study Finds

Nick,

Please if you don't know what the standards are, please read:
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/security_standards/pci_dss.shtml

See Requirement  #5. Read that requirement carefully and its not bad to read it twice though in case you don't figure it out from the first glance !

Also, I said that using an AV is some basic thing to do in any company that wants to deal with CC, its a basic thing for even companies not dealing with CC too !!! Or do you state that people must use a BOX with no AV installed on it? If you believe in that fact? Then please request a change in the PCI DSS requirements and make them force the usage of a non Windows O.S, such as any *n?x system.

Finally, the topic here is not about "default allow vs default deny" and if I understand what that is or not! You can open a new discussion about that, and I shall join there and discuss it further with you, in case you need some clarification regarding it.

Regards,
Shaqe