Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 05:20:16 +0300
From: Gadi Evron <ge@...uxbox.org>
To: "bugtraq@...urityfocus.com" <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>,
	full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: A socio-psychological analysis of the first
	internet war (Estonia)

Hi,

In the past year I have been working in collaboration with psychologists
Robert Cialdini and Rosanna Guadagno on a paper analyzing some of what I
saw from the social perspective in Estonia, when I wrote the post-mortem
analysis for the 2007 attacks, but didn't understand at the time.

We analyze how the Russian-speaking population online was manipulated to
attack Estonia (and Georgia) in the "cyber war" incidents, and how it
could happen again (regardless of if any actor is behind it).

Article on El Reg:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/28/web_war_one_anonymity/

Paper (for download with pay :( ):
http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/cyber.2009.0134