Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 15:14:42 +0300
From: "MustLive" <mustlive@...security.com.ua>
To: Sйbastien Duquette <ekse.0x@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Redirectors: the phantom menace

Hello Sebastien!

I'm glad that you liked the title of my article :-). For the title of the
letter I used the title of my article, which I posted in September 2009 to
the list (as I referenced in last letter). If you read at least some of my
articles from 2009-2010, particularly from those which I wrote about to FD
mailing list from September 2009 (when I became posting to the list), I like
sometimes to use interesting titles for my articles.

With such special titles I'm drawing people's attention to the problem. In
case of this particular article, I'm telling that danger of redirectors are
underestimating and they can be used for many different attacks, not only
redirecting to other sites (i.e. redirectors represent the phantom menace
for Internet community). Only recently WASC begun drawing attention to this
kind of security issues in their TC v2 (released at 01.01.2010), where they
added such class of vulnerability as URL Redirector Abuse.

> It took me until half the post to realize this wasn't posted by
> MusntLive but by the original MustLive.

Different people use different styles for writing texts, so it's easy to
distinguish my texts from text of others (including those who try to spoof
on my letters). I'm not subscribed on the list, so I didn't know about such
man as musnt live. But recently I received the letter from him, so I've
become familiar with his kind of letters :-) (which are very not serious).
So I've added his email to my blacklist and if he embarrassed you, then you
can do the same (and just ban him). In this case ban both his and the second
address, which I mentioned
(http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2010-June/075412.html).
Because these are both his addresses, as I found very quickly, from which
(under different names) he was trying to spam me and to the list.

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site
http://websecurity.com.ua