Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 21:41:49 -0700
From: Rodrigo Branco <rbranco@...ckpoint.com>
To: "bugtraq@...urityfocus.com" <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>,
	"full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk" <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: PoC for CVE-2010-0083 (rpc.ttdbserverd database
 parser heap overflow) - Against Solaris SPARC and x86

Dear List,

I'm writing in behalf of the Check Point Vulnerability Discovery Team to provide the PoC for a vulnerability released in the past month:
	- CVE-2010-0083 (rpc.ttdbserverd database parser heap overflow):
		o http://www.kernelhacking.com/rodrigo/exploits/final_sparc.pl.txt  -> Working exploit for Solaris SPARC
		o http://www.kernelhacking.com/rodrigo/exploits/final_x86.pl.txt      -> Working exploit for Solaris x86

We are leading a big change in the way vendors report vulnerabilities, providing PoC code so customers and interested parties are able to test the fixes and IPS systems.  We provide such PoC code to the public at least a month AFTER the release of the fix and immediately per request of interested parts.

Additionally, Check Point is committed to responsible disclosure procedures, allowing vendors ample time to respond, alert customers and time to apply the fixes before release.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo.

--
Rodrigo Rubira Branco