Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 21:04:33 +0200
From: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429@...il.com>
To: Andrew Auernheimer <gluttony@...il.com>
Cc: Full Disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [GOATSE SECURITY] Clench: Goatse's way to say
 "screw you" to certificate authorities

So now it's a matter of scaling?

I'd rather stay on the grounds of certificates, where scaling has been
one of the primary focuses since the early 2k.

In my opinion it's pretty much useless reinventing the wheel; the idea
behind certificates is as much a security medium as is the party being
actively recognized.

Back to your implementation, you need to know who the passphrase is
coming from and most importantly, you need means to verify that party.

So it boils down to who's dictating who is trusted or not.
You or Them.