Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 23:14:59 +0530
From: Shreyas Zare <shreyas@...fence.com>
To: Andriy Tereshchenko <tag@...odessa.ua>
Cc: Full Disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Privat24 (Facebook version) bypass of static
 password for accounts of PrivatBank (Ukraine, Russia and CIS)

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:02 AM, Andriy Tereshchenko <tag@...odessa.ua>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I suspect that real reason for this app is intelligence on data about
> bank clients from Facebook database.
> To be used during debt collection or while making loan decisions.
>
> App has no Privacy Policy defined, but request permissions to access
> Facebook profile, friends list and other info. ;-)
>
> Person who has "invented" this app Alexander Vityaz  has posted on his
> wall (on 1 October) link to article on how many data-mining employees
> LinkedIn has and that they do.  Seems like he is willing to replicate
> same effort for banking purpose.

> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=544590214&v=wall&ref=ts
>
> 2. Article about Dip Nashar - CEO of LinkedIn (in russian)
> http://www.forbes.ru/karera/rynok-truda/57722-zaprogrammirovat-kareru
>
> --
> TAG

Interesting. Providing the same level of security to financial details and
FarmVille is really bad idea. Many banks are providing two factor
authentication, different password for transactions etc to provide better
security but, in this case things have gone backwards.

Shreyas Zare

Sr. Information Security Researcher
Secfence Technologies
www.secfence.com