Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 11:50:24 +0530
From: Riyaz Walikar <riyazwalikar@...il.com>
To: paul.szabo@...ney.edu.au
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: XSS in Oracle default fcgi-bin/echo

Hi Paul,

The mere mention of fcgi-bin/echo in your first mail is enough for anybody
to derive the PoC. Here's what I found in under a minute:
*/fcgi-bin/echo/<script>aler('xss')</script>*

Anybody with a days work in Web Application security would be able to figure
this out knowing the vulnerable script.

Just my two cents.

Regards,
Riyaz Walikar

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 3:05 AM, <paul.szabo@...ney.edu.au> wrote:

> Dear Thor,
>
> Amazing how people claim being logical ... sure sign they aren't!
>
> > ... Irrespective of the method you choose to validate "bona-fide"
> > recipients of your PoC, you will have no control over what the
> > recipient chooses to do with it once they have it.  As such, logic
> > dictates that your PoC be considered "public" the moment you release
> > it. ...
>
> Does logic dictate that all people are rabid pro-disclosure zealots,
> who do not respect copyright, IP rights, nor gentle personal requests
> for discretion?
>
> > ... don't fool yourself into thinking you are somehow being
> > responsible ...
>
> I do not own an over-inflated ego.
>
> > ... or simply send the code to Oracle and ask them ...
>
> Sorry to blow your assumption: sent to Oracle, ages ago, first thing.
>
> Cheers, Paul
>
> Paul Szabo   psz@...hs.usyd.edu.au   http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au/u/psz/
> School of Mathematics and Statistics   University of Sydney    Australia

Content of type "text/html" skipped