Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:05:28 +0000
From: mrx <mrx@...pergander.org.uk>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: An idea of leaking alternative to wikileaks

On 15/12/2010 11:34, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) wrote:
> On 15/12/10 12.24, Christian Sciberras wrote:
>>> Which kind of trouble you refer to? It's nice to ear about understanding
>>> and risks analysis on that stuff.
>>
>> Libel, fraud, sharing of illegal material.
>>
>> Hey, if you're really intent on going along with this, be my guest.
>> I'll be watching
>> the drama fold from afar. Same kind of stuff that happened with/to
>> Wikileaks.
>> A momentary hit/fad/hype and the next it's laughed of until it's
>> forgotten...
>
> Not to criticitze you but it seems to me that you have not understood
> which are the differences.
>
> Wikileaks does editing and publishing and that was his main source of
> responsibility.
>
> Upcoming leaking methods doesn't do, like this openleak concept and the
> http://openleaks.org that daniel berg (ex-wikileaks) is setting up.
> http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenberg/2010/12/09/how-openleaks-the-first-wikileaks-spinoff-will-work/
>
> We'll probably see a lot of different approaches to leak management,
> from the easier and dirty one to the most complex one.
>
> It's precious raw material for media, doesn't expect that it will not
> get a value.

> Cheers
>
> -naif

There is opportunity beyond the Media.

Discover

i)  Who would benefit most from reading the raw material.
ii) Who would suffer most damage from exposure of the raw material.

Then

i)  Let the parties discovered in i) and ii) become aware of each other and each others desire for the raw material you have.
ii) Have an auction, I hear e-bay is pretty good.

Each man has his price.

- --
Mankind's systems are white sticks tapping walls.