Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:51:04 +0530
From: gold flake <ptinstructor@...il.com>
To: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: An idea of leaking alternative to wikileaks

> I did understand the differences. The main issue is that "dangerous"
> material may be published anonymously without verification or indeed, any
> peer review.
>
> Keep in mind that you can easily set off people by telling them a UFO
> crashed in the centre of New York, and there are actually those that would
> believe it.
>
> Just consider the kind of laymen running blogs and how they react over
> anything that stirs the slightest "news".

I am with you on this one.  Take a look at the shitstorm in Pakistan
over faked wikileaks cables (0), (1) & (2).

(0)  http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jP2p0uuRX56yc0w9vXP8PRH5t5YA?docId=CNG.ff5b1dec5d31e4c8a507f2ccde331d41.881

(1)  http://www.dawn.com/2010/12/17/massaging-public-opinion.html

(2)  http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/article948427.ece