Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:15:18 -0800
From: Dragos <dr@....net>
To: Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu, "Randal L. Schwartz" <merlyn@...nehenge.com>,
	Bret Lambert <bret.lambert@...il.com>
Cc: Richard Pieri <richard.pieri@...il.com>, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	misc@...nbsd.org, Thomas Lindsay <lindsayt@...sci.umn.edu>,
	Max Schubert <security@...wizarddesign.com>
Subject: Re: Final Penultimate last Call for Papers for
	CanSecWest 2011 (deadline Jan. 17th, conf March 9-11)

On 2011-01-13, at 8:02 AM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Dragos> It's been up on the site for a while with a Dec 29 deadline,
> Dragos> but this is the real last call for submissions.
>
> Really?  Then why did you use "Penultimate" (which means "next to last")
> instead of "Ultimate" in the subject line?
>
> Yours for a more literate education,

And a few others...

For the record, I'm perfectly aware of the definition of penultimate.
It was my (apparently) lame attempt at being whimsical. Should have made it "Final, Really, Really, Last, Almost Definitely, Penultimate, Call For Papers." - to poke fun at ourselves and extending deadlines. In my defense it was 3 a.m. and I'd been working on stuff since six in the morning so I'm sure I wasn't firing on all cylinders.

This is why I work with computers instead of doing stand up.
I guess I should leave the humor to the SecurityClowns.

cheers,
--dr

--
World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
Vancouver, Canada, March 9-11 2011  http://cansecwest.com