Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 20:16:33 +0000
From: Major Malfunction <majormal@...ate-radio.org>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
	dc4420@...420.org
Subject: DC4420 - London DEFCON - February meet - Tuesday
	22nd February 2011

If I said you had a beautiful venue would you hold it against me?

OK, so the January social was not only good++ but it also confirmed that
we have an awesome new home!!! Place is big, but not too big - room for
growth but laid out so we can easily huddle in the meantime. Food is
good. Beer is good. Space is good. PA is good. 'Stage' is good. Screen
is good. Did I see beer is good? What more could we need? Oh, that's
right... awesome speakers! Well, that's also good. We've got 'em...

This month we have a spectacular start to the year with a stellar guest
speaker from The Hacker's Choice presenting new and devastating
StuffYouDon'tWantToMiss(tm):

   THC - 'Advances in understanding DoS' - it's not about lots of
traffic anymore - DDoS Amazon from your DSL.

Read it again: Amazon. DSL. Need I say more?

Oh, and there will be tools. =:O

Also, bringing back our popular 'one serious, one fun' talk format,
we've got in the fun slot:

   Christer - linux kernel "0days" are obsolete (you can now get them
for free)

and finally, this will be Dominic's (of Bluetooth fame) last dc4420 for
the forseeable future, so we intend to get him really really drunk and
then allow him to spew into the mic... Could be interesting^wdisgusting...

Important stuff:

Meeting is *** DOWNSTAIRS ***

Room is ours from 17:30

If you arrive early (and, for that matter, if you arrive late), please
make sure you order food & drink at the downstairs bar. If you create a
tab, create it at the downstairs bar. Basically, once you arrive, you
belong to the downstairs bar!!! This is important if we are to keep this
space - we need to be able to show that we are bringing in decent food &
drink spend (peeing is free, however... you can do that upstairs).

Venue is here:

    http://www.phoenixcavendishsquare.co.uk/

2 minutes walk from Oxford Circus tube.

    Tuesday 22nd Febraury 2011

Time:

    17:30 till kicking out

Place:

    The Phoenix
    37 Cavendish Square
    London
    W1G 0PP

All this year's dates are posted on the website:

    http://www.dc4420.org

See you in a couple of weeks!

cheers,
MM
--
"In DEFCON, we have no names..." errr... well, we do... but silly ones...