Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 19:56:11 +0100
From: decoder <decoder@...-hero.net>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Fwd:  HBGary Mirrors?

I can't answer the question but it would be even more interesting to
answer this if you're using a One-Time-Pad (i.e. two files of equal size
on two different servers, both XORed give you the data). There exists a
mathematical proof that none of the two files leak a single bit of
information of the original data :)

Chris

On 02/18/2011 07:50 PM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] wrote:
> Sorry, when I say eligible, I mean "which server would they be allowed
> to take down by law?".
>
> I'm not too hot on the laws of encryption, but I'm sure there is
> something which states that hosting encrypted files are not illegal,
> it's distributing the key which allows you to gain access to those
> fails, which is actually illegal.
>
> *DISCLAIMER: I don't know if the above is true or not, so apologies if
> I got this wrong*
>

> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 6:46 PM, ck <c.kernstock@...glemail.com
> <mailto:c.kernstock@...glemail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I go with the server hosting the files since the key should be
>     significant smaller than the files and therefor much easier to mirror.
>
>     On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]
>     <cal.leeming@...plicitymedialtd.co.uk
>     <mailto:cal.leeming@...plicitymedialtd.co.uk>> wrote:
>     > So here's a thought.
>     > If illegally distributed files (such as this one) were encrypted
>     and hosted
>     > on one server, and the key hosted on another, which server would
>     > be eligible for take down?
>     >

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/pkcs7-signature" (6761 bytes)